Join us for the Specialty Section Volunteer & Training Meeting! This will be a mandatory training meeting for those who are interested in chairing a Specialty Section for the first time. For those returning section chairs, feel free to join us for updates on new developments, suggestions, and to share your experience. We will discuss all duties and responsibilities for section chairs/co-chairs and will be training on how to post and send events on the OCPA website. Please note that we welcome student members to volunteer as co-chairs.
What do Section Chairs and Co-Chairs do? The goal is to hold at least one meeting per quarter and no more than one per month. Here are the basics:
1. Find a speaker & select a topic – Invite an attorney or other expert to speak on a specific, relevant topic. We can help you find speakers as well. Select an interesting and applicable topic for MCLE credit and find a meeting time that works best for the speaker.
2. Pick a time and location for the meeting – We have some legal service providers that offer to host meetings or you can host at your company office or law firm. Most meetings are held in the evening from 6pm to 7pm, and occasionally over a lunch hour from 12pm-1pm.
3. Registration - Track meeting RSVP’s and payment via the OCPA website and follow-up with attendees as necessary.
4. Prior to meeting – E-mail the speaker handout to all attendees to print ahead of time, prepare all required forms for the meeting (i.e. attendee roster & sign-in sheets, speaker evaluations, MCLE/NALA forms).
5. At the meeting – Assist attendees at the registration table by having them sign in and confirm registrations, hand out MCLE/NALA forms and speaker evaluations. Provide the hosting vendor an opportunity to speak for a few minutes about their legal services and any other promotions for their company. Introduce the speaker and then thank the speaker & present the speaker gift.
6. After the meeting – Prepare and submit post-meeting summary, final attendee headcount, any money collected and meeting forms to Milady Cambare within 3 business days of the meeting.
*Light refreshments will be served.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting! Please note there are parking fees (payment by card at kiosk).
Milady Cambare, VP Administration
If you have any questions prior to the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org